I always like to leave a little insight for other designers that hints to what tools or other sites I used as inspiration for this site. As most of you will understand, good designers imitate others as they continue to grow and develop their own style: the purpose of this section is to really hit that home.
I didn’t come up with this fantastic site on my own, I pulled inspiration from a variety of other sources.
Here they are:
- Smashing Magazine: I used these guys as a foundation for the clean use of typography and spacing that you see throughout the site.
- Stripe.com: I used Stripe as the basis for the design “feel” of the website. It also played a heavy role in helping me to understand the information architecture for my site.
- Mark Manson’s Blog: I really enjoyed how easy it was to read his blog, so I based a ton of my blog formatting & copywriting style on his site.
There’s also a bunch of other frameworks that hold my site together. Without them, the site would be nowhere near as sexy:
- Bootstrap, for responsive design and other design heuristics.
- Underscores was the base started theme.
- FontAwesome, for iconography.
- Wistia, for fast and responsive video hosting.
- Calendly, for scheduling integrations.
Like many budding designers out there, I used to be totally overwhelmed when I saw another designer’s site, thinking that I could never do the same.
So with that in mind, I’d like to leave you with this: although this site is stellar, please simply remember that I did not build it alone. 🙂